Donate NOW and support Jag-lovers!

IMPORTANT! We have moved! The new site is at www.jag-lovers.com and the new Forums can be found at forums.jag-lovers.com

Please update your links. This old site will be left up for reference, until we can move all the old content over to the new site.

Volunteers wanted! Please help us move information from these pages to the new site, and also join us in providing new, exciting content.

Serving Enthusiasts since 1993
The Jag-lovers Web

Currently with 3,166 members

"The XJ6 Jaguar from Bumper to Bumper"

"The XJ6 Jaguar from Bumper to Bumper"

Marks questions about his new Jaguar with cruise control problems, leaks
under the dash and others prompted this post.

Because I have seen alot of posts recently asking questions that are very
nicely answered in my book on the XJ6 it would appear that there are alot of
newcommers to the list that dont know about the book.  So I am posting this
page from the book so they can see where to find the answers to many of
their questions.

The XJ6 Jaguar From Bumper to Bumper
Help for the Jaguar XJ6 owner
by Jim Isbell

This book contains things that a Jaguar XJ6 owner should know, but doesn't
know who to ask.  This book is directed at the TRUE XJ6 and not at the XJ40
which
was made after 1986 but had an "XJ6" badge on the back.  However owners of
other
Jaguars may also benefit, as much of the cars are similar.  In general, it
is written for those who do their own maintenance, although those who don't
can still benefit from it.

Some of the contents of this book was contributed by members of the Jag-
Lovers list on the internet.  Where known, their names are noted.

Major sections include maintenance tips, modifications, and sources for
parts.  The information is not intended to replace a repair manual, but
rather to supplement it.

To receive a printed copy of this book send $15(US) PLUS $1(US) for Canada
or $2(US) for other countries.  To receive a Word for Windows or DOS Text
file so
you can print your own copies, send $9(US)  PLUS $1(US) for Canada, $2(US) for
other countries outside the USA.  Be sure to give your name and address, and
state
what you want: printout vs. diskette, type of diskette (5.25" or 3.5") (IBM
only).

The book is also available on the World Wide Web at page:

http://gcn.scri.fsu.edu/~palmk/jaguar.html  OR
http://www.sn.no/~nick/jaguar.html

The copy at  gcn.scri.fsu.edu  contains a suppliers list for the US.

   Author:     Jim Isbell
               2404 Pebble Beach Drive
               Austin, Texas 78747
               (512) 280-4457
               InterNet:  JISBELLJR@mail.utexas.edu

If you have a question I may be able to help with, you are welcome to call
me at the above number.  Please don't call collect, I wont accept the charges.

Those who get the book are welcome to copy or print it for their friends and
fellow Jag owners.  I only request that changes, comments, corrections,
additions and updates be sent to me so we can all benefit.

This book IS copyrighted.  You are NOT allowed to make copies for sale.  The
information in this book is for the benefit of Jag-Lovers and is not to be
used for commercial gain.

                                                          Jim

  "Better an outlaw than not free."
                         Nance O'Neil

1970 XKE 2+2
1974 Bricklin
1978 44' ketch "Millennium Falcon"
         "Its the ship that made the Kessel Run in less than twelve
parsecs."
                                                                  Han Solo
1979 Lola T540 Formula Atlantic
1985 XJS
1985 XJ6

Please help support the move to the new site, and DONATE what you can.
A big Thank You to those who have donated already!

Go to our Homepage
Improve your Jag-lovers experience with the Mozilla FireFox Browser!

  View the latest posts from our Forums via an RSS Feed!

©Jag-loversTM Ltd / JagWEBTM 1993 - 2024
All rights reserved. Jag-lovers is supported by JagWEBTM
For Terms of Use and General Rules see our Disclaimer
Use of the Jag-lovers logo or trademark name on sites other than Jag-lovers itself in a manner implying endorsement of commercial activities whatsoever is prohibited. Sections of this Web Site may publish members and visitors comments, opinion and photographs/images - Jag-lovers Ltd does not assume or have any responsibility or any liability for members comments or opinions, nor does it claim ownership or copyright of any material that belongs to the original poster including images. The word 'Jaguar' and the leaping cat device, whether used separately or in combination, are registered trademarks and are the property of Jaguar Cars, England. Some images may also be © Jaguar Cars. Mirroring or downloading of this site or the publication of material or any extracts therefrom in original or altered form from these pages onto other sites (including reproduction by any other Jaguar enthusiast sites) without express permission violates Jag-lovers Ltd copyright and is prohibited
Go to our Homepage
Your Browser is: Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com), IP Address logged as 3.147.49.182 on 21st May 2024 16:39:37