Donate NOW and support Jag-lovers!

IMPORTANT! We have moved! The new site is at www.jag-lovers.com and the new Forums can be found at forums.jag-lovers.com

Please update your links. This old site will be left up for reference, until we can move all the old content over to the new site.

Volunteers wanted! Please help us move information from these pages to the new site, and also join us in providing new, exciting content.

Serving Enthusiasts since 1993
The Jag-lovers Web

Currently with 3,166 members

heat and jags

heat and jags

I have been on this list for about 2 years, and hot conditions is a subject
that has often arisen, particularly with reference to the way that Jags
don't handle them well.
2 yrs ago, I suffered a jammed thermostat, which resulted in about 4k spent
on the head of my XJ40 to get it going again.
The past 2 weeks has seen daily temperatures of over 40 degrees celsius
about 3 times. Overnight lows are about 25, and the average maximum for the
last week has been about 35 degrees celsius.
I live about an hours drive through traffic from where I work, and do about
30,000 -50,000 km per year. I have done 170,000 km in my Xj40 since buying
it (second hand) 4 yrs ago.
I was very concerned about how I would go in this heat. My wife says I am
paranoid about it.
The temp guauge in the XJ40 is digital, and has marks for 90 and 130
degrees. The operating temp normally hovers around the 90 mark. On only one
occasion have I had to turn the air conditioning off to ensure the car
survived. I was stuck in traffic, and moved about 100 metres in 10 minutes.
The temp reached about 120 (guesstimate) but did not go into the red area. I
was actually quite surprised at how well it did do.  The obvious technique
is to keep moving.

So, they can and do handle heat waves well. I have the car regularly
serviced, and when the head went, I had every hose under the bonnet replaced
as a precaution.

have faith!
Yeah, I'm a salesman, but trust me.

Please help support the move to the new site, and DONATE what you can.
A big Thank You to those who have donated already!

Go to our Homepage
Improve your Jag-lovers experience with the Mozilla FireFox Browser!

  View the latest posts from our Forums via an RSS Feed!

©Jag-loversTM Ltd / JagWEBTM 1993 - 2024
All rights reserved. Jag-lovers is supported by JagWEBTM
For Terms of Use and General Rules see our Disclaimer
Use of the Jag-lovers logo or trademark name on sites other than Jag-lovers itself in a manner implying endorsement of commercial activities whatsoever is prohibited. Sections of this Web Site may publish members and visitors comments, opinion and photographs/images - Jag-lovers Ltd does not assume or have any responsibility or any liability for members comments or opinions, nor does it claim ownership or copyright of any material that belongs to the original poster including images. The word 'Jaguar' and the leaping cat device, whether used separately or in combination, are registered trademarks and are the property of Jaguar Cars, England. Some images may also be © Jaguar Cars. Mirroring or downloading of this site or the publication of material or any extracts therefrom in original or altered form from these pages onto other sites (including reproduction by any other Jaguar enthusiast sites) without express permission violates Jag-lovers Ltd copyright and is prohibited
Go to our Homepage
Your Browser is: Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com), IP Address logged as 3.135.199.27 on 21st May 2024 20:17:16