Donate NOW and support Jag-lovers!

IMPORTANT! We have moved! The new site is at www.jag-lovers.com and the new Forums can be found at forums.jag-lovers.com

Please update your links. This old site will be left up for reference, until we can move all the old content over to the new site.

Volunteers wanted! Please help us move information from these pages to the new site, and also join us in providing new, exciting content.

Serving Enthusiasts since 1993
The Jag-lovers Web

Currently with 3,166 members

e-mail problems -- no Jag content

e-mail problems -- no Jag content

I'd kinda like to know if anyone else is having the same problem I am.
Occasionally, and it's not really all that often, I get a message that, when
I try to open it to read it, my computer locks up and I have to reboot.  When
this happens, that same message will ALWAYS lock up the computer, I can do it
over and over.

At first, I thought these were just random glitches, and simply deleted the
messages without reading and moved on.  However, worried that I might be
missing some important messages (ha! from THIS group?), I played around and
found that my e-mail reader (Pegasus Mail v2.52 for Win16) saved new messages
in individual files and that it would tell me what files they were.  I found
that I could open the files in Notepad and read them just fine.

Then I noticed that all such messages seemed to be coming from Jim Isbell.
I started corresponding with him individually to see if we could isolate the
problem between us.  In the middle of that correspondence, the problem
cleared up!  The last several messages from Isbell worked just fine.

Now I have received a message from someone else that does the same thing.  I
have opened the message in Notepad and copied the ENTIRE MESSAGE -- headers
and all -- below.  This one was addressed directly to me, but several of the
messages that have caused the problems were sent to the jag-lovers group.