E-TYPE SPOTTER'S GUIDE
( text contributed by Patrick Golder )
(* = key identifying features)
Series 1 3.8 litre and 4.2 litre (and series 1.5)
- 3.8 Fixed head coupe March 1961 - October 1964
- 3.8 'Lightweight' open two-seater March 1963 - January 1964
- 4.2 Open two seater October 1964 - December 1967
- 4.2 Fixed head coupe October 1964 - December 1967
- 4.2 Two plus two March 1966 - September 1968
- 4.2 1.5 Open two seater September 1967 - October 1968
- 4.2 1.5 Fixed head coupe September 1967 - Ocotber 1968
- 4.2 1.5 Two plus two September 1967 - October 1968
Series 1 - 3.8 litre (1961-1964)
- 2-seat coupe & roadster only.
Series 1 - 4.2 litre (late 1964 - 1967)
- 2 seat coupe & roadster.
E-type Series 1 coupe and roadster
Series 1 - 2+2 (1966-1967)
- 2-seat coupe, roadster, 2+2 coupe.
Main / Library / Technical / Model guide / Buyers guide / Guestbook / Photobook / Links / Archive / Specialists
Improve your Jag-lovers experience with the Mozilla FireFox Browser!
View the latest posts from our Forums via an RSS Feed!
©Jag-loversTM Ltd / JagWEBTM 1993 - 2020
All rights reserved. Jag-lovers is supported by JagWEBTM
Use of the Jag-lovers logo or trademark name on sites other than Jag-lovers itself in a manner implying endorsement of commercial activities whatsoever is prohibited. Sections of this Web Site may publish members and visitors comments, opinion and photographs/images - Jag-lovers Ltd does not assume or have any responsibility or any liability for members comments or opinions, nor does it claim ownership or copyright of any material that belongs to the original poster including images. The word 'Jaguar' and the leaping cat device, whether used separately or in combination, are registered trademarks and are the property of Jaguar Cars, England. Some images may also be © Jaguar Cars. Mirroring or downloading of this site or the publication of material or any extracts therefrom in original or altered form from these pages onto other sites (including reproduction by any other Jaguar enthusiast sites) without express permission violates Jag-lovers Ltd copyright and is prohibited