Donate NOW and support Jag-lovers!

IMPORTANT! We have moved! The new site is at www.jag-lovers.com and the new Forums can be found at forums.jag-lovers.com

Please update your links. This old site will be left up for reference, until we can move all the old content over to the new site.

Volunteers wanted! Please help us move information from these pages to the new site, and also join us in providing new, exciting content.

Serving Enthusiasts since 1993
The Jag-lovers Web

Currently with 3,166 members

[xj-s] Re: XJ-S Digest V2 #216

[xj-s] Re: XJ-S Digest V2 #216

XJ-S Digest wrote:

> XJ-S Digest           Sunday, July 19 1998           Volume 02 : Number 216
>
> In this issue:
>
>     RE: [xj-s] Any magic to removing the Oxygen Sensors?
>     [xj-s] Re: Re: A/C  convert to R134a
>     Re: [xj-s] Dual drive water pump (was overheating)
>     [xj-s] 90 XJS for sale-needs head gasket
>     [xj-s] Re: Radiator surround foam
>     [xj-s] Torquing Bolts
>     Re: [xj-s] More lighting problems
>     [xj-s] Heads and valve seats
>     RE: [xj-s] Haynes for a 1991 XJ-S ...
>     [xj-s] Advice on purchase
>     RE: [xj-s] Advice on purchase
>     [xj-s] Fuel fires
>     Re: [xj-s] Re: A/C  convert to R134a
>     [xj-s] Re: Torquing bolts
>     [xj-s] Looking to Buy
>     [xj-s] O2 Sensor removal
>     Re: [xj-s] 16" Electric Fan Installation
>     [xj-s] Gano Filters

> Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 16:31:56 -0500
> From: "Derek Berquist" <dberquist@marmen.com>
> Subject: RE: [xj-s] Any magic to removing the Oxygen Sensors?
>
> That's right.  Thanks for making sure I wasn't understating my
> degree of noviceness.
>
> At least where _I_ can get a wrench in, on the right hand side
> a "pull" is giving me my desired anticlockwise turn.
> I guess on the left hand side that would be a "push."
>
> I really would be embarrassed if I had been tightening it the
> whole time!!
>
> Derek
>

> > Just to make sure we are on the same page here, when you say
> > 'pull harder', you
> > are trying to turn the sensor anticlockwise, right?
> >
> > > I'm inspired by the wealth of information that is available.
> > I've obtained
> > > the
> > > Haynes manual, and even more valuable the "Experience in a
> > Book."  Plus I've
> > > been reading the exchanges here for the last week.  All this
> > has helped to
> > > give me a little confidence.  Any tips would be appreciated.
> > Even if the
> > > answer is "pull harder."
> > >
> > > '85 xj-s  60k
> > >
> > > Derek Berquist
> > > dberquist@marmen.com
> >

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 17:51:09 -0400
> From: Harry Trafford <traff@ICON.HMSD.UFL.EDU>
> Subject: [xj-s] Re: Re: A/C  convert to R134a

> [...]

I found nearly all the Jaguar books I needed at Amazon.com for discount prices including Nigel's and Haynes.  Anyone have a line on the Shop manuals for 84' XJS VdP  (even used is fine if in good condition)
--
Andreas@mediaone.net
84' XJS VdP

Please help support the move to the new site, and DONATE what you can.
A big Thank You to those who have donated already!

Go to our Homepage
Improve your Jag-lovers experience with the Mozilla FireFox Browser!

  View the latest posts from our Forums via an RSS Feed!

©Jag-loversTM Ltd / JagWEBTM 1993 - 2024
All rights reserved. Jag-lovers is supported by JagWEBTM
For Terms of Use and General Rules see our Disclaimer
Use of the Jag-lovers logo or trademark name on sites other than Jag-lovers itself in a manner implying endorsement of commercial activities whatsoever is prohibited. Sections of this Web Site may publish members and visitors comments, opinion and photographs/images - Jag-lovers Ltd does not assume or have any responsibility or any liability for members comments or opinions, nor does it claim ownership or copyright of any material that belongs to the original poster including images. The word 'Jaguar' and the leaping cat device, whether used separately or in combination, are registered trademarks and are the property of Jaguar Cars, England. Some images may also be © Jaguar Cars. Mirroring or downloading of this site or the publication of material or any extracts therefrom in original or altered form from these pages onto other sites (including reproduction by any other Jaguar enthusiast sites) without express permission violates Jag-lovers Ltd copyright and is prohibited
Go to our Homepage
Your Browser is: Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com), IP Address logged as 3.12.146.87 on 19th May 2024 15:53:59