Donate NOW and support Jag-lovers!

IMPORTANT! We have moved! The new site is at www.jag-lovers.com and the new Forums can be found at forums.jag-lovers.com

Please update your links. This old site will be left up for reference, until we can move all the old content over to the new site.

Volunteers wanted! Please help us move information from these pages to the new site, and also join us in providing new, exciting content.

Serving Enthusiasts since 1993
The Jag-lovers Web

Currently with 3,166 members

RE: [modern] Vacation

RE: [modern] Vacation

   I have to agree with those who take the SUV or Mini-van on those longer
trips. I have just returned from a wonderful trip from Seattle (Redmond) to
the Columbia River Gorge and back. The purpose of the trip was to take our
daughter (9) to a concert and overnight camping trip. Imagining all the
things needed for this trip and the fact that we could sleep in the van
(we're not big tent people), I left WOCAT at home and took the van.
   For those on the list from this area and know what the drive on I-90 to
the Gorge is like, you will understand why I am now in the process of
determining (making up) reasons why I have to make a few return trips. This
is the kind of road trip that Jaguars were meant for. The highway is in
reasonably good condition and the scenery really showcases the diversity of
Washington State. But, most importantly, it is mostly OPEN roadway.
   The van serves its purpose well but it will never beat the Jag on the
open road.

Chad Shue & WOCAT

>From: jbergs@worldnet.att.net
>To: Brett Gazdzinski <Brett.Gazdzinski@wcom.com>
>CC: modern@jag-lovers.org
>Subject: RE: [modern] Vacation
>Date: 11 Aug 2000 21:02:05 -0800
>
>Hi Brett,
>
>My family and I were also on vacation.  We drove up to Boston and then
>Maine.  On the
>way back we stopped at the Jaguar headquarters in Mahwah, New Jersey.
>
>While I would have loved to drive our Jag, I can identify with those who
>don't take theirs on
>a trip.   It simply didn't have the space we needed for everything we were
>carrying plus the
>kids; therefore, I had no choice but to drive the SUV.  Not very exciting,
>I know, but
>functional.
>
>Best regards,
>Juris Bergs
>
> > ** Original Subject: RE: [modern] Vacation
> > ** Original Sender: Brett Gazdzinski <Brett.Gazdzinski@wcom.com>
> > ** Original Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 13:25:42 +0000
>
> > ** Original Message follows...
>

> > Hello all Jaguar lovers!
> > My week of vacation is over, and its back to normal for me.
> >
> > We did a lot of trips in Farquar...
> > NY City and Hudson river valley,
> > Washington DC(Mount Vernon)
> > Lancaster PA
> > Cape May N.J.
> > Ocean City N.J.
> >
> > Farquar behaved very nice during all the driving(about 1000 miles)
> > with no problems other than the differential whine.
> >
> > I have listed something on E bay to get some cash for a good rebuilt
> > differential, and hope to replace it on my next spell off in 3 weeks.
> > This will be the fourth time I replace it, and hopefully the last!
> >
> > The XJ40 seems to belong on the hi way, so much better there than around
> > town...the cat just purrs along at 70 to 80 mph, and its a real
> > pleasure to spend time at speed on the hi way.
> > I did not see many Jaguars at all on the hi ways, except in down town
> > areas.
> > There are lots of Jaguars around in my town, but I have no idea what
> > the people use on longer trips, as they are rare on the major hi ways
> > and turnpikes after you leave the usual commuter paths.
> >
> > Longer trips on the PA turnpike and interstate 95 had no other Jaguars
> > in sight, except in Philadelphia and Washington.
> >
> > Lets get these Jaguars on the hi ways!
> >
> > Brett
> > 1990 XJ6
>

> >** --------- End Original Message ----------- **
>

>Download NeoPlanet at http://www.neoplanet.com

Please help support the move to the new site, and DONATE what you can.
A big Thank You to those who have donated already!

Go to our Homepage
Improve your Jag-lovers experience with the Mozilla FireFox Browser!

  View the latest posts from our Forums via an RSS Feed!

©Jag-loversTM Ltd / JagWEBTM 1993 - 2024
All rights reserved. Jag-lovers is supported by JagWEBTM
For Terms of Use and General Rules see our Disclaimer
Use of the Jag-lovers logo or trademark name on sites other than Jag-lovers itself in a manner implying endorsement of commercial activities whatsoever is prohibited. Sections of this Web Site may publish members and visitors comments, opinion and photographs/images - Jag-lovers Ltd does not assume or have any responsibility or any liability for members comments or opinions, nor does it claim ownership or copyright of any material that belongs to the original poster including images. The word 'Jaguar' and the leaping cat device, whether used separately or in combination, are registered trademarks and are the property of Jaguar Cars, England. Some images may also be © Jaguar Cars. Mirroring or downloading of this site or the publication of material or any extracts therefrom in original or altered form from these pages onto other sites (including reproduction by any other Jaguar enthusiast sites) without express permission violates Jag-lovers Ltd copyright and is prohibited
Go to our Homepage
Your Browser is: Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com), IP Address logged as 3.15.235.104 on 4th May 2024 05:37:21