Donate NOW and support Jag-lovers!

IMPORTANT! We have moved! The new site is at www.jag-lovers.com and the new Forums can be found at forums.jag-lovers.com

Please update your links. This old site will be left up for reference, until we can move all the old content over to the new site.

Volunteers wanted! Please help us move information from these pages to the new site, and also join us in providing new, exciting content.

Serving Enthusiasts since 1993
The Jag-lovers Web

Currently with 3,166 members

New Jaguar for Valentines Day

New Jaguar for Valentines Day

Thanks to all the responses telling me to stay away from the 87 XJ6 that I asked about in my
last posting.  I have just purchased a 1986 XJ6 Sovereign.  It has 90,000 Km on the clock and
has never spent a night outside or been through a car wash. (According to the PO)  The car sort
of came into my life in a hurry.  I have been looking (not very actively) for a series III XJ6
for my wife.  I rarely by the local newspaper but I found out that an alignment shop had a
coupon for half price front end line ups.  My reliable car just happened to need a front end
line-up so...  It was Feb. 13, I thought it might be appropriate to give her the car for
valentines day, after all from the sounds of the jag-lovers-list the upkeep on a Jaguar is
definitely a labour of love!!!  On Feb. 14 am I managed to get the pre-purchase inspection from
the only Jag dealer in town.  Everything was going great to this point, then the service rep sat
down with me and told me the car was in great shape, it only needed $4000 to put it right.
After the service rep helped me off the floor I went to talk to the mechanic.  Good thing to, it
helped me gain some perspective.  The car needed steering rack bushes, upper a-arm bushes and
brakes.  It was a good thing I had been scanning the digest for several months, it enabled me to
work the $ list down to a manageable size.  I'll still get the Jag shop to install a stakedown
kit and perform a major service but I'll farm out the brakes and do the bushes myself.  So off
to the bank, while sitting in the bank managers office I gave my wife the bill of sale for her
Valentines present she was so shocked that she would not drive the car home after we picked it
up.

I just posted a message about a block heater instalation and I forgot to include my e-mail
address.  It is:
wentzell@netcom.ca

Chris

1986 XJ6 (Where does the block heater go?)
1988 Sedan DeVille (No Block Heater either)
1980 Lemans (To drive when the others won't start)

Please help support the move to the new site, and DONATE what you can.
A big Thank You to those who have donated already!

Go to our Homepage
Improve your Jag-lovers experience with the Mozilla FireFox Browser!

  View the latest posts from our Forums via an RSS Feed!

©Jag-loversTM Ltd / JagWEBTM 1993 - 2024
All rights reserved. Jag-lovers is supported by JagWEBTM
For Terms of Use and General Rules see our Disclaimer
Use of the Jag-lovers logo or trademark name on sites other than Jag-lovers itself in a manner implying endorsement of commercial activities whatsoever is prohibited. Sections of this Web Site may publish members and visitors comments, opinion and photographs/images - Jag-lovers Ltd does not assume or have any responsibility or any liability for members comments or opinions, nor does it claim ownership or copyright of any material that belongs to the original poster including images. The word 'Jaguar' and the leaping cat device, whether used separately or in combination, are registered trademarks and are the property of Jaguar Cars, England. Some images may also be © Jaguar Cars. Mirroring or downloading of this site or the publication of material or any extracts therefrom in original or altered form from these pages onto other sites (including reproduction by any other Jaguar enthusiast sites) without express permission violates Jag-lovers Ltd copyright and is prohibited
Go to our Homepage
Your Browser is: Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com), IP Address logged as 18.118.37.240 on 22nd May 2024 03:26:09